Construction Project Manager Job Description
What is a Job Description?
A Jobproject management interview questions Top 10 questions and Answers. Read more ... » Description outlines a particular role and set of responsibilities on a projectYour plan and the reality. Read more ... ». The purpose of a job description is to clarify the scopeHandle Scope Change Requests with Appropriate Discipline. Read more ... » of workCompleting projects. Read more ... » that a particular role is responsible for undertaking and the skills, experience and qualifications necessary to ensure that the role is undertaken effectively. It includes:
[cmamad id="1174" align="left" mobid="ad-off"]
- An overview of the respective role
- A list of the specific responsibilities associated with the role
- Clarification of where the role fits within the project organization structure
- A list of the skills, experience and qualifications required
- Measurable performance criteria
- A statement describing the work environment
- The salaryproject management interview questions Top 10 questions and Answers. Read more ... » package on offer
Why do we need Job Description ?
Writing job descriptions is an important step in planningCost Management for Engineers-Cost Terms. Read more ... » your goals, whether you are on top of your job, prepare for an interviewproject management interview questions Top 10 questions and Answers. Read more ... » or you will interview some one it is important to know what is your job description say.
In this article we will take about project manager job descriptionConstruction Manager Job Description template. Read more ... » which will give you an idea how to create your own job description whatever your role is.
1- The key responsibilities of the project manager:
- Documenting the benefits, costsCost and Costing. Read more ... » and available options within a business case
- Undertaking a Feasibility StudyPMP Road Map template. Read more ... » to ensure that all options are achievable
- Creating a Terms of Reference which identifies the objectives and scope of the project
- Recruiting suitably skilled and qualifiedAre your site officials qualified?. Read more ... » project team membersAre your site officials qualified?. Read more ... »
- Establishing standards and guidelines for the project.
- Creating a scheduleWhy Project management and project management plan. Read more ... » outlining the sequence of activities and tasks on the project
- Defining all quality targets, standards, assurance and control procedures
- SchedulingProject scheduling. Read more ... » labor, equipment and material resources within the project
- Budgeting financial expenditure throughout the project
- Producing a riskWhy Project management and project management plan. Read more ... » managementYour plan and the reality. Read more ... » planYour plan and the reality. Read more ... » to identify and mitigate likely project risks
- Documenting the customer acceptance criteria for each project deliverable
- Establishing a clear communications plan for the project
- Outlining a strategy for the procurement of goods and services.
- Maintaining the project plan to keep those involved informed of progress against the schedule
- ControllingCost Management for Engineers-Cost Terms. Read more ... » expenditure to ensure delivery within the approved project budget
- Ensuring that adequate quality assurance and control techniquesWhy Project management and project management plan. Read more ... » are undertaken to meet the quality targets specified in the Quality Plan
- Managing the approval of all project change requests
- Raising project risks and recommended mitigationProject Management Life Cycle (PMLC). Read more ... » plans for approval
- Resolving all project issues currently affecting the project
- Procuring goods and services in accordance with the Procurement Plan
- Managing the configuration of all project deliverables
- Gaining customer acceptance of each deliverable produced by the project
- Undertaking communication processesCorporate and Program management. Read more ... » as specified in the Communications Plan.
- Documenting a project closure report and gaining approval from the Project Sponsor
- Undertaking all actions necessary to close the project
- Communicating closure of the project to all project stakeholders.
2-Relationships between the Project Managers and each of the appropriate project stakeholders:
The Project Manager reports directly to the Project Sponsor on a day-to-day basis. As such, the Project Manager will work closely with the Project Sponsor to obtain advice and guidance surrounding the operational delivery of the project.
Project Review Group:
The Project Manager must provide the Project Review Group with regular project status information to enable the group to make informed strategic decisions for the project. The Project Manager must communicate all key risks, issues and change requests to the Project Review Group for approval. ©
The Project Leader reports directly to the Project Manager. He / She must support each Project Leader in undertaking their roles by providing advice, guidance and mentoring necessary for them to achieve their respective project objectives.
The Project Manager must lead, motivate and inspire the project team to achieve the objectives of the project. This is done by setting clear objectives for each team member and recognizing achievement when each objective has been accomplished.
3-The skills and key competencies necessary to project managers role:
- Ability to produce a detailed project plan, including a Work Breakdown StructureProject Management Acronyms. Read more ... » (WBS), dependencies, resources and costs
- Detailed understanding of project planning control techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of resource planning methods
- People management skills, with particular emphasis on performance management.
- Understanding of the financial planning process
- Ability to provide accurate and up-to-date forecasts throughout the project.
- Ability to define appropriate quality targets and standards
- Knowledge of quality assurance and control techniques to ensure that quality targets and standards are met.
- Awareness of the importance of change management
- Knowledge of effective change management processes and procedures.
4-The experience required for project manager role:
- The types of projectsCompleting projects. Read more ... » the person has been involved with
- The industries within which the projects were undertaken
- The size and level of complexity of the projects managed
- The number of years spent in managing projects
- The countries within which the projects were undertaken.
5- Necessary qualification levels required for project managers role may include:
- University degree or diploma
- masters in project managementYour plan and the reality. Read more ... »
- mba project management
- project management courses
- project management degree (such as Project Management ProfessionalPMP® Exam Prep Online Course,Fifth Edition (2013). Read more ... »)
6- The interpersonal characteristics:
Although it may be difficult, describe the interpersonal characteristics required to ensure that this role is a successCompleting projects in record time. Read more ... ». Examples of valuable interpersonal traits for a Project Manager may include being:
- Friendly, open and consultative in nature
- Inspirational, motivational and lively
- Driven by own personal values
- Determined to succeed
- Diplomatic but firm
- Interested in people
- Sociable and outgoing.
7- Project Manager Salary:
Specify the expected salary range and the composition of the salary package based on your Project Management Skills, including commissions and benefits. For example:
“The remuneration rate for this role is based on an overall package of $xxx. This comprises:
- An annual salary base of $xxx, paid monthly
- A commission of $xxx, paid on successful completionCompleting projects in record time. Read more ... » of the project
- Benefits to the total of $xxx, including allowances for a motor vehicle, gas and mobile phone, paid monthly.”
You can found useful information regarding engineer salary based on country and number of years of experience in the following link: engineers salary
[cmamad id="1174" align="left" mobid="ad-off"]
- Share on Social Networks