What is CCC/CCE Certificate?
CCC: Certified Cost Consultant, and CCE: Certified Cost Engineer
Since 1956, AACE International has been the leading-edge professional society for cost estimators, cost engineers, schedulers project managers, and project control specialists.
AACE International’s Certified Cost Consultant / Certified Cost Engineer (CCC/CCE) certification program is designed to establish credentials to recognize your professional expertise.
This certification program gives professionals a means to validate their skills and knowledge.CCC/CCE certification will distinguish you as a Certified Cost Consultant/Certified Cost Engineer who has the knowledge and skills that impact the bottom line.
Basically CCC is for non Engineers and CCE is for Engineers
With more than 7,000 members worldwide, AACE International is the largest organization serving the entire spectrum of cost management professionals.AACE International is industry independent, and has members in 78 countries and 71 local sections.
What is Cost Engineering?
Cost Engineering is defined as the area of engineering practice where engineering judgment and experience are used in the application of scientific principles and techniques to :
- problems of cost estimating,
- cost control,
- business planning and
- management science,
- profitability analysis,
- project management, and
- planning and scheduling.
Candidates for the CCC/CCE designation must meet these minimum requirements:
At least 8 full years of professional experience, of which up to 4 years may be substituted by a college/university degree. Related degrees include: engineering, building construction, construction technology, business, economics, accounting, construction management, architecture, computer science, mathematics, etc.
2.Submit Application, fees and required supporting documentation:
There are two steps in making an application for the CCC/CCE exam: Application & Payment and Supporting Documentation.
- STEP ONE: All candidates must make application and remit payment online or submit a downloadable application with payment information provided. Certification fees are US0 for AACE Members, and US5 for Non-Members. All fees are non-refundable.
- STEP TWO: All candidates must submit experience/education verification documentation AND the required MS Word formatted 2,500 minimum word technical paper to AACE Certification staff.
3.Pass the examination:
To become a CCC/CCE, an overall passing score of 70% must be achieved, as determined by the Certification Board.
CCC/CCE Exam Structure:
Part I: 50 multiple-choice questions on Supporting Skills & Knowledge (open book).
Part II: Cost Estimating and Cost Control.
Part III: Project Management.
Part IV :Economic Analysis.
Parts II, III and IV consist of 2 sections each :
- The first section has 5 compound questions which contain 7 multiple-choice questions each. You will choose to answer only 2 of these compound questions, resulting in answering only 14 multiple-choice questions for the first section of each part.
- The second section of each part consists of 20 multiple-choice questions
CCC/CCE Study Materials:
CCC/CCE Certification Study Guide
|[cmamad id=”2675″ align=”none” mobid=”ad-off”]|
Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering
|[cmamad id=”2676″ align=”none” mobid=”ad-off”]|
Total Cost Management Framework
|[cmamad id=”2677″ align=”none” mobid=”ad-off”]|